A few months ago, I bought a Groupon to the Oregon Coast Aquarium. Clearly, this was before our family trip to Sunriver and subsequent Worst Car Ride EVER! Needless to say, I was not super excited to make a 2 hour drive with the munchkin. But, Jose and I took our chances and drove to Newport on Sunday.
Bella was fascinated by all the fish. She has a nightlight with fish that rotate around her ceiling, so she is pretty familiar with sealife. The jelly fish were not a fave and got a, "No like-a da jellyfish!"
We all loved the touch tank. Bella likes to tell people about the nenamee (Sea Anenome) that grabbed onto her finger.
We then journeyed outside to the bird and shark exhibits. The puffins were pretty entertaining as they bathed and chattered with one another. Bella was more interested in the gravel path than any other animals.
After a stop at the climbing area (climbing with one arm= not happening), we stopped in the gift shop where Bella picked out a sparkly dolphin pen. For $2.99 I made her dreams come true!
On our way out of town we grabbed some food at a 50's diner. 2 hours later (SERIOUSLY?!?) we were back on the road home.
We had a pretty good trip, minus the detour through Philomath which woke Bella up, but I think I will put off the trip to the zoo until the spring.




No come to the zoo now! The Zoo Lights will be up in a couple months...I will get to see you all tomorrow, But a Portland trip would be fun, right?
ReplyDelete-Tia Jenna aka Tina